CALL FOR PAPERS
TechCon® Aus-NZ showcases great research and real-life case studies on life-management of high voltage and medium voltage power equipment strategies for the ageing electrical grid infrastructure. The objectives of the conference are to promote high quality papers in the field and is a great opportunity for networking.
The theme of TechCon® Aus-NZ 2018 conference is Life-Management of HV and MV Power equipment and the two-day program includes keynote, plenary sessions from a mix of international and national speakers, panel sessions on a specialized topic each day, a trade exhibition and networking/social events involving delegates and trade exhibitor companies and their staff.
Topics of interest include:
- Infrastructure Growth & Evolution
- Infrastructure Optimisation
- Infrastructure Risk Management
- Smart Grid on HV and MV network
TechCon® Aus-NZ Planning Committee is looking to develop a high-quality program and invite speakers to share technical knowledge and information on the above theme. Papers will be selected based on quality of abstract, originality, topicality and relevance to the theme of life management strategies for HV and MV power equipment.
Abstract should contain the following elements:
- Name(s) of all presenters
- Position in the organisation
- Organisation Name
- Organisation Address
- Contact details – Email/ Mobile
- Paper Title
- Introduction/Objective - a brief statement of your paper
- Methods/design - describe the research, outcome, measures and statistical methods used
- Results - list the most important findings
- Biographical information - 50 words max
- Headshot in high resolution - .jpg or .gif
Please submit your abstract formatted as a word document using Calibre 12p size to reach the Event Manager on or before 19 December 2017.
The general terms and conditions are:
- All paper proposals must meet the format requirements specified by the Conference Organisers.
- The Conference Organisers reserves the right to refuse material that does not meet requirements or is deemed inappropriate in either content or size.
- Required documents must be submitted on-line. Abstracts, bio notes, portrait photos and papers will not be accepted in hard copy format or by fax.
- Submission of a proposal will be regarded as acceptance of these conditions.
- Paper acceptances will be advised no later than 11 December 2017. Details of the required format for Final papers will be sent to presenters with notification of paper acceptance.
- No guarantee can be given for the inclusion of material supplied after the date’s specified above. Due to printing deadlines, the following dates are not negotiable and no extensions will be permitted.
Non Commercial Guidelines
TechCon® Aus - NZ conferences are non-commercial forums for the sharing of electrical equipment maintenance practices and related issues with our clients and prospective users. Accordingly, all presenters should refrain from specific product endorsements and avoid the use of brand names as much as practical. Under no circumstances should the session podium be used as a place for direct promotion of a speaker’s product service, or monetary self-interest.
Presenters from any session podium must refrain from overt statements or pointed humour that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual or group.
Authors who provide papers or presentations that are more commercially focused will be required to change the content or risk having their submission withdrawn.
The Conference Organisers reserve the right to reproduce and distribute TechCon® Aus-NZ Proceedings. The proceedings are a collection of written papers submitted by conference presenters and are made available to conference attendees and for purchase by the public.
Best Paper/Presentation Awards
Best Paper & Best Presentation Awards are judged by your peers and awarded to papers of outstanding quality. Award Presentations take place on Wednesday, 18 April 2018 prior to close of conference.
To register download the registration form and email to the Event Manager.
CLICK HERE to download Call for Papers template
CLICK HERE to download the Paper template
CLICK HERE to download the PPT template
|Abstract Close||19 Dec 2017|
|Acceptance notification||12 Jan 2018|
|Full & Final Paper Due||29 Jan 2018|
|PowerPoint Presentation Due||16 Mar 2018|